Code of Conduct
The ResearchSOC aims to foster and provide a welcoming environment of mutual respect for all people. We have adopted the following code of conduct to provide guidance to all on the type of behavior that is expected while attending our events.
- All individuals are expected to demonstrate the proper respect for others regardless of, for example, age, race, gender, or abilities.
- Physical, social or sexual harassment, or intimidating behavior will not be tolerated.
- Use the restroom facilities for the gender for which you identify yourself.
- Weapons are not welcome at any ResearchSOC event.
- Illegal drugs are not welcome at any ResearchSOC event.
- Smoking, e-cigarettes & vaping are not permitted at any ResearchSOC event.
- Event attendees may be given access to Wi-Fi access points. Please use in accordance with terms and conditions.
- Please do not interrupt speakers during presentations. We encourage questions and discussion, but we ask that you do not interrupt speakers during their presentations unless they have requested it.
- Please do not use flash photography during presentations.
- There is to be no audio or video recording of presentations.
- Language with racial, gendered, and other biases is not tolerated. For example, terminology that uses color to imply positive or negative attributes should be avoided in favor of color-neutral terms (e.g. blocked hosts, ethical hacking, safelist, allowed IPs).
Violation of any of these rules may put the person at grounds for disciplinary action and/or dismissal from ResearchSOC events.
If you feel that you have been threatened, have been a victim, or would like to report a violation of the above rules, please report the incident to one of the following ResearchSOC contacts:
- Susan Sons
- Von Welch