Operational Security for Open Science: A ResearchSOC event for NSF facilities
Due to unforseen circumstances, this workshop has been postponed. Look for an update for new dates and times to come.
Sponsored by the NSF-funded Research Security Operations Center (ResearchSOC), this virtual, by-invitation workshop will focus on key issues related to operational cybersecurity for NSF facilities, as well as provide an introduction to the ResearchSOC.
Each day features three hours of content for facility leadership and information technology staff. Extensive breaks are planned to minimize Zoom fatigue.
Interactive sessions include:
- Welcome and state of the ResearchSOC
- Cybersecurity for NSF Research: The NSF viewpoint
- Fireside chat: The Cybersecurity Threat to Open Science: Latest Trends and Observations
- A SOC supporting scientific research: initial lessons and insight from the ResearchSOC experience
- The vCISO experience: observations from virtual CISOs supporting open science projects
- Metrics that matter: Research SOC and the CIS Framework
- Practical inventory management
- Closing remarks: Open Science Cybersecurity for Leadership
There is no charge for this workshop. Attendance is open to members of NSF facilities.
Looking for the ResearchSOC/CI CoE workshop? See the CI/CS workshop web page!